The Controller of your personal data is Podium Industries SA, Via ai Ciòss, 6593 Cadenazzo, Svizzera (hereinafter “we” or “us”). You can notify us of any data protection-related concerns using the following contact details:
2. Personal data we process and how we collect it
Personal data we process about you includes:
- your name and contact details (e.g. address, phone number and/or email address)
- identification and background information provided by you or provided using any contact form made available on our website
- information provided to us for the purposes of attending meetings, seminars and events;
- data in connection with your use of our website (see Section 5 below);
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
We collect this information when you interact with us, e.g. when you communicate with our staff, visit our website, sign up to receive information by e-mail, or participate at a meeting, seminar or other event.
3. Purpose of data processing
We process your personal data:
- For communication purposes, i.e. in order to inform regarding the provision of our services and their status, contacting you if any questions arise, answering your queries, and including customer service and care, as well as the authentication when requesting our services;
- to provide and improve our services to you and our clients
- to conclude and process contracts with our clients or to administer our relationship with you and with our clients;
- to monitor and improve the performance of our website (see Section 5 below for additional information);
- to promote our services, including by sending publications, alerts, updates, event invitations etc., provided that you have not objected to the use of your data for these purposes by way of contacting the person named under Section 1 above;
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including asserting, exercising or defending from legal claims.
4. Data security
We use adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, loss, alteration or destruction. The SSL encryption method is used on our website.
5. Use of our website, cookies, web analysis tools, social media and social media plug-ins
Our website server automatically collects and stores for a limited time log data and device information when you access and use our website. That information includes, among other things, details about how you use our website, IP address, access dates and times, web pages you visited prior to coming to this website, web pages you view while on this website, the browser used, hardware and software information, end device information and similar information. We use this data to operate, maintain, protect and improve our website; our website hosting provider analyses the data in a de-personalized form.
Our website serves font files from and renders fonts using Google Fonts and Adobe Fonts. To properly display this site to you, these third parties may receive personal information about you, including: information about your browser, network, or device; information about this site and the page you’re viewing on it; your IP address.
We may use Google Analytics or similar services on our website. These are services provided by third parties, which may be located in any country worldwide (in the case of Google Analytics Google LLC is in the U.S.) and which allow us to track and report the use of our website on an anonymized basis (the service provider only provides us with aggregated, not personally identifiable data on the use of the website). For this purpose, permanent cookies are used, which are set by the service provider. These cookies collect information about the number of visitors to the website, the pages visited and the time spent on the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website may be transmitted to and stored on a server in any country worldwide. However, this will generally happen with activated IP anonymization. The service provider does not receive (and does not retain) any personal data from us, but the service provider may track your use of the website, combine this information with data from other websites you have visited and which are also tracked by the respective service provider, and may use this information for its own purposes (e.g., controlling advertisements). If you have registered with the service provider, the service provider will also know your identity. In this case, the processing of your personal data by the service provider will be conducted in accordance with its data protection regulations.
We may use plug-ins for social media which are recognizable by the logo placed on selected contents on our website. Plug-ins facilitate recommending and sharing our website’s selected contents on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. If you interact with such a social media platform, the relevant information will be forwarded and your visit recognized by it.
6. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as translation and document review;
- IT service providers;
- third parties engaged in the course of the services we provide to clients, with their prior consent;
- our auditors;
- third parties involved in organizing events or seminars;
7. Transfer of personal data abroad
We may transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as the Swiss legal frame. We will usually do so on the basis that such a transfer is in line with the purposes of the data processing set out in Section 3 and insofar as such a transfer is permitted and we deem it appropriate. If we transfer data to a country without adequate legal data protection, we ensure an appropriate level of protection as legally required or we rely on the statutory exceptions of consent, performance of contracts, the exercise or enforcement of legal claims, overriding public interests, published personal data or because it is necessary to protect the integrity of the persons concerned.
8. How long we retain your personal data for
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected, and as long as we have a legitimate interest in keeping personal data. We also retain your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
9. Your rights
You are entitled to access your personal data and to ask for details of the personal data we hold about you and how we process it and to receive a copy of your personal data. You may also have your data rectified or erased, restrict our processing of that information, and object to the processing of your personal data. You may also choose to revoke your consent at any time. In order to assert these rights, please contact us at the addresses provided in Section 1 above. Please note that even after you have chosen to revoke your consent we may be able to continue processing your personal data to the extent required or permitted by law, e.g. if we are obliged to retain or process certain data, have a legitimate overriding interest or need the data for asserting claims. If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the data protection laws, you can report this to us, enforce your rights in court or lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, in Switzerland with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Podium Industries SA is the owner of any information or intangible right published on its site, unless explicitly stated otherwise. Podium Industries SA permits the use, reproduction and distribution for noncommercial purposes of the information contained on its site, provided that the following statement is explicitly indicated on the reproduction: copyright © 2020, Podium Industries SA.
If the reproduction contains third-party information, the reference to the third-party owner of the relevant intangible right must also be included. The use of images published on this site is encumbered by the payment of royalties to the authors.
11. Amendments to this Data Protection Statement
We reserve the right to change this Data Protection Statement at any time without prior notice. The current version published on our website shall apply.
Last revision: July 2023.